My Wish List
As it is, I am a man of limited needs. Still I require the following:
1. Porta-Spine: This is the only thing that can help spineless people like me. There is no way anyone can inculcate me with patience, self control and self esteem. These three virtues are like columns of the spine. No columns, no spine. Therefore, I need a strap-on spine. Easy to put on and effective. Something that can hold my back and yet look good. The advantages are innumerable:
- I can then say no to people.
- I will stop persuading people into talking to me especially when they don't want to. It's not as if I do that with everyone, just certain "friends" who have been acting too pricey lately.
- I can stand by my claims of a)being a nihilist b)being in the state of Zen.
- I will finally pick up the guitar and play rather than looking at it everyday and fantasizing about playing it like this man.
- I will commit to something at least.
- When confronted with an absolutely horrible and insensitive person, I would know exactly what to say and then say it.
- I will study and then get a Nobel Prize in Chemistry for my excellence in the field of research of "Adiabatic Quantum Computing".
- I will stop leaning on people for support.
- many more
I just hope that Porta Spine doesn't cost much.
******************************************************
2. Can of Lovely Conversations: Imagine. Sitting in a lonely spot at 4 in the morning with nobody around. Heat is getting to your head and you don't know what is it that makes you so queasy. Just then, you reach into the bag and pull out a 40 minute Can of Lovely Conversation, that too with a girl with whom you always wanted to chat. You drink on her words as they flow out of the can. Solace. There would be a plenty of varieties available. Based on
- Duration of the conversation. 20 minutes, 40 minutes, 80 minutes, 120 minutes etc.
- Sexuality of the conversation. Typically Male, Typically Female, Transsexual so on and so forth.
- Type of conversation. Intellectual, Cheesy, Comforting, Artsy, Encouraging, Profane, Intoxicated etc. etc.
So if you want a 20 minute Typically Female Profane Can of Lovely Conversations, you would get it :D (couldn't help putting it here).
Then there would be custom varieties, you could order something like
- Conversation with a young adult, female, interested in Literature, intelligent, sensitive, open to falling in love, not already in love and more.
Of course these would cost one a lot and one would have to get some 400 cans of 80 minute conversations, in order to get through an ordeal like "Graduation from IIT". These cans are going to be a great hit. "Conversations with Personality" should be the motto.
The primitive versions of Can of Lovely Conversations are out in the market and are called "Cellphone with tariff vouchers", "Orkut", "Gtalk", "Skype" etc.
The only bug with these is that the conversations take place with real people who have over sized egos.
*******************************
Disclaimer: These are the two most wanted things today. This "want" is a byproduct of ennui and lack of solace. There are less abstract ways of getting rid of boredom and finding solace. Therefore, the new wish list, with more materialistic and gettable demands would look like -
1. iPod 80 GB - 1 Nos
2. Sony Vaio VGN-TXN29N Notebook
3. Nikon DSLR Camera (any model)
4. A Cooler (AC really but wont be able to install it)
5. 500 bottles of chilled Flavoured Milk
6. Domino's Cheese Burst Double Cheese Pizza
7. Talktime of 3000 rupees
8. Syed Yaser Ali
9. Aditya Gupta
10. You. (not exactly any "you" but YOU)
Then I shall find solace, temporarily. Though my dad certainly won't. As I said earlier, I am a man of limited needs.
1. Porta-Spine: This is the only thing that can help spineless people like me. There is no way anyone can inculcate me with patience, self control and self esteem. These three virtues are like columns of the spine. No columns, no spine. Therefore, I need a strap-on spine. Easy to put on and effective. Something that can hold my back and yet look good. The advantages are innumerable:
- I can then say no to people.
- I will stop persuading people into talking to me especially when they don't want to. It's not as if I do that with everyone, just certain "friends" who have been acting too pricey lately.
- I can stand by my claims of a)being a nihilist b)being in the state of Zen.
- I will finally pick up the guitar and play rather than looking at it everyday and fantasizing about playing it like this man.
- I will commit to something at least.
- When confronted with an absolutely horrible and insensitive person, I would know exactly what to say and then say it.
- I will study and then get a Nobel Prize in Chemistry for my excellence in the field of research of "Adiabatic Quantum Computing".
- I will stop leaning on people for support.
- many more
I just hope that Porta Spine doesn't cost much.
******************************************************
2. Can of Lovely Conversations: Imagine. Sitting in a lonely spot at 4 in the morning with nobody around. Heat is getting to your head and you don't know what is it that makes you so queasy. Just then, you reach into the bag and pull out a 40 minute Can of Lovely Conversation, that too with a girl with whom you always wanted to chat. You drink on her words as they flow out of the can. Solace. There would be a plenty of varieties available. Based on
- Duration of the conversation. 20 minutes, 40 minutes, 80 minutes, 120 minutes etc.
- Sexuality of the conversation. Typically Male, Typically Female, Transsexual so on and so forth.
- Type of conversation. Intellectual, Cheesy, Comforting, Artsy, Encouraging, Profane, Intoxicated etc. etc.
So if you want a 20 minute Typically Female Profane Can of Lovely Conversations, you would get it :D (couldn't help putting it here).
Then there would be custom varieties, you could order something like
- Conversation with a young adult, female, interested in Literature, intelligent, sensitive, open to falling in love, not already in love and more.
Of course these would cost one a lot and one would have to get some 400 cans of 80 minute conversations, in order to get through an ordeal like "Graduation from IIT". These cans are going to be a great hit. "Conversations with Personality" should be the motto.
The primitive versions of Can of Lovely Conversations are out in the market and are called "Cellphone with tariff vouchers", "Orkut", "Gtalk", "Skype" etc.
The only bug with these is that the conversations take place with real people who have over sized egos.
*******************************
Disclaimer: These are the two most wanted things today. This "want" is a byproduct of ennui and lack of solace. There are less abstract ways of getting rid of boredom and finding solace. Therefore, the new wish list, with more materialistic and gettable demands would look like -
1. iPod 80 GB - 1 Nos
2. Sony Vaio VGN-TXN29N Notebook
3. Nikon DSLR Camera (any model)
4. A Cooler (AC really but wont be able to install it)
5. 500 bottles of chilled Flavoured Milk
6. Domino's Cheese Burst Double Cheese Pizza
7. Talktime of 3000 rupees
8. Syed Yaser Ali
9. Aditya Gupta
10. You. (not exactly any "you" but YOU)
Then I shall find solace, temporarily. Though my dad certainly won't. As I said earlier, I am a man of limited needs.


10 Comments:
oh man , oh man . That was probably the most hilarious post you have made in your blog as yet. Porta Spine - too cool man .
However , the icing was "Can of lovely Conversations" - meri to fat gayi thi pad ke. What a concept man. Dude - Your powers of maroing are way greater than mine. I bow to thee o master.
and yes - i was not commenting to show that i had read the post.
Drop dead Hilarious!
To Start with, Bhooooooo.......
For the first time have I heard of Porta-Spine.Google showed me it to be a sea plant :D. But I guess it has something to do with our sleeping :P.
I think some wheel chair will do the job of Porta-spine :D. Hope I will get it for you.
Can this product solve all these problems ? I hope you are not a hidden TV Brands employee.
Waise not saying no is a good attitude.People coming to you will never think that you are going to reject their request and disappoint them.
When a good person feels guilty, he finds ways to persuade the hurt.
Guitar ........ I think placing it in the corner of the room makes it enough; why learn :P
Please order it for two, if you are not an employee.one for me.Might be that they have discount for two.
I think second product will sell better.:P . I need them much more than you. So let us make a deal. Order one unit only. I will take second , u take the first. We'll exchange if needed.Moreover you will go for internship even in 4th yr. So I require it more :(.
That reminded me of the nobel prize.See man Nobel was a man showing that he is the best So named a prize after his name. I suggest you name an award after your name. Then the whole world will salute to the people recieving "Prashant prize".Like ," Sir Mrityunjaya Shukla was a Prashant Laureate, having contributed his heart to the humanity by....".That really sounds cool. Forget NOBEL.
The affordable wishlists; let me see what I can afford :
1. iPod 80 GB - 1 Nos : Out of vision
2. Sony Vaio VGN-TXN29N Notebook: Bhai log required.
3. Nikon DSLR Camera (any model): Can buy u in dreams though
4. A Cooler (AC really but wont be able to install it): yippee managed to get for you.(no need to leak the details of trannsaction)
5. 500 bottles of chilled Flavoured Milk: Can afford one for you; chal two
6. Domino's Cheese Burst Double Cheese Pizza: pizzaaaaa........
7. Talktime of 3000 rupees: no way
8. Syed Yaser Ali: God is testing him
9. Aditya Gupta: He's busy taking snaps
10. You: Always available.
toofunny.
but who says the primitive cousins of the Can of Conversations have bugs? they're virtually free.
and what real people? there's alice and oliver and jabberwacky already.
and these too. knock yourself out.
:P
Man, the crack in the system widens. Happy falling!
@soham
Thanks mate. Ju are always kind with words.
@Abhilash
Your words are kind too. Thanks.
@Mrityu
Not saying no is the "right" thing to do, but sometimes we have to do it man. Ju might have noticed it yourself. Its not easy to agree always. Thanks for instituting an award in my name :)
@Diviani
Thanks. But they surely do have bugs. Why do ju think we end up disappointed and bored usually? Can of Lovely Conversations is pure entertainment. Unadulterated pleasure. Sounds like seks, heh!
And of course we have these :D
how do ju think my roommate survives?
thaank ju maan. ah appreciate ja saying thaat.
hey bro .. this comment is not only intended for ur this post .. not that i want to cover for all in less effort .. its just that i want you to know that you are truely a genius and very pure in your being .. for there are not many people i am so much impressed by.. read some of your previous posts just now and the comments on the "sunday morning" one .. i am sure u ll do wonders ... rock on ..
and believe me its not just for your writing .. they reflect your purity ..
Great post. Found your blog via Tom at Automatic Preference, and I think I am going to like it.
Post a Comment
<< Home