Sunday, April 22, 2007

And It Rained..

Thought of this post today while sitting on hostel terrace, thanking God for providing some respite from the terrible heat.

I could have enjoyed the mild showers and cool breeze had it not been for the End Sem exams. We are supposed to prepare for them beforehand and stuff, but as always, its not possible for reasons innumerable, unmentionable and abstract.

When we had time to prepare, we couldnt because it was too hot and we, virtually, spent all our energy trying not to sleep. Somehow, heat forces us in a state of semi-consciousness. I blame it on my room. It is sleep-inspiring.

So anyway, we can't study with sweaty backs and itchy legs. Now, in the cruch time, it starts raining and weather is pleasant and all that. This is not happening for the first time. It happens during every goddamned exam. I have taken 8 mid semester exams and 4 end semesters after coming here and this has happened every fucking time. Its a conspiracy man, it has to be a conspiracy by IIT Kanpur Metereological and Weather Department (a branch of Environmental Studies Deptt.) The kind of stuff these people do I won't be surprised to find out that they control the weather or something (This can't be true but how I hope this is). I think the professors are just getting back at us for

1. Filling crappy feedback forms
2. Haggling for grades
3. Missing lectures
4. Sleeping during lectures (ones we attend)
5. Verbal profanity
6. Existing
7. Not wishing them Good Morning/Good Afternoon/Goodnight
8. Eating
9. Using shower gels and shampoos
10. For wearing sandals
11. Having a face we have
12. et cetera

People have issues like Iraq-US conflict, Child Sex Abuse, Socialism, Cowardice, Abhishek Aishwarya Wedding so on and so forth, but I seriously cannot look beyond this irony. It is way too difficult to overlook this.

I have not studied in the past and paid rather dearly but I, what's the word, revolt, against such inhumane conditions.

This post doesn't make much of a sense, even to me. All I could conclude from this post was

1. I like talking in First Person Plural.
2. I use too many "but"s.
3. I need to broaden my vision.
4. Child Sex Abuse is a major enough problem and is nowadays subject of GoogleTalk status messages.
5. Prashant and Co. can get over their habit of talking in First Person Plural by aptly referring to themselves in Third Person Plural (Prashant wonders who are "them")
6. Prashant should have studied rather than posting.
7. Screw the IIT Kanpur Environmental Studies Deptt.
8. Prashant needs to make blogposts out of bigger issues.
9. Norah Jones is playing in the background and she is awesome.
10. Fathers dont play a major role in most of the people's lives.

SCREW YOU weathermen/conspirators/system. Prashant says he is not going to study but he knows he is going to eat his words.

Fuck everything man, it's a royal pain to think/type/re-read/prepare for exams/speak/smile. If it were upto Prashant, he would just sit in a comfortable lounge chair and free himself of all voluntary movements including trying to keep his mouth shut to prevent drooling and keeping his eyes open.

Fuck it. Third Person Plural is a pain in the ass too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Tent said...

Norah Jones is missing from your list of music too!

"Fathers dont play a major role in most of the people's lives."
Wonder where that came from??

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They like ur post.
But still not worthy of seeing their names in the comment.
And this is pain-in-the-ass-Third-Person-Plural.
Do we sense another pain in the ass here?

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dint have time to read it all...just went through first two paras.... why did you wasted so many lines just xplaining "people(?)" about what n why n how you gonna write....just spit it out who cares on whose face it falls ;).

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh...noticed later that it IS all about "writing-(!)" only. :)

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home