Sunday, February 18, 2007

Expressions

How in the name of humanity can we run out of words? There is this article which has something to say about the number of words in English. The summary is : there were approximately 988,968 words(plus or minus a handful) in English language at 1:16 pm pacific time on 21st March.

YET, we run out of words. There are a thousand things to express and a hundred thousand means to express. But no, our incapability and our ineptness (in all senses of the word) get to rule these "words".

This, precisely is the reason why I cannot be a regular blogger. Either this or the fact that there is so much to write that I am actually scared by the sheer size of the task that would come at my hand. In other words, my procrastinating habits/laziness prevail.

I had decided I won't write, but what else is there to do? The mainstay of my logic to tackle "Why do we write?", has been a simple statement: We write to give a sense of entirety/certitude to our thoughts. It's pretty similar to something from the book "Life of Pi". It reads (inaccurately)


"The only thing disturbing about the number Pi (=3.1415926.......) is that it runs on forever. It is important that we conclude things in a proper manner."

Writing, in a way, provides a definitive conclusion to your thoughts, which otherwise would just have been some neural signals running in infinite loops around your head.

See, even after convincing myself, I cannot figure out what I wanted to say.

I hereby declare

1. My writing skills are inadequate when it comes to voicing my thoughts.
2. I am too lazy to even tell people what I feel about/for them.
3. I am an ineptly vocabularied person.
4. I hate people who can express themselves satisfactorily on this stupid blog forum.
5. I am much better off reading.
6. For grey matter I have just some horse shit, painted grey.
7. Most of the people are more retarded than I am.
8. I suffer from superiority complex.
9. My thoughts are nothing but classic examples of FRACTALS
10. I shall post a thought only when I find it too buoyant to be drowned with Heroin/Cocaine/Cigarettes/Nap/Movies/Books.
11. I am NOT a drug addict. I DO NOT do drugs.
12. My every chain of thoughts ends with one word: FUCK

In fact, I had started this post to write something about

1. "Pursuit of Happiness"
2. "How I should think beyond myself"
3. "What is it with making friends?"
4. Shantaram
5. G. V. Desani
6. Ouroboros(and her ability to express)

but I ended up splashing out this royal muddle of crow droppings.

FUCK.

21 Comments:

Blogger Nirbheek said...

Irony...

12:50 AM  
Blogger elina said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Done With Blogging said...

finished reading shantaram . good book . ended up disliking karla though . :P . And yes - there are a host of words to describe what one feels after reading the fertiliser you dish out - but i happend to be ineptly vocabularied - and would hence pass the baton of informing you about the post to the hands of a more responsible person.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Joychaser said...

ineptly vocabularied?

vocabulary has very little to do with expression, i'd concluded. just how dont quite recall.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Prashant Gautam said...

dont deprive me of reasons for being a crappy writer!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Johnny Tent said...

1) FUCK is the word to express them all. Osho has made my job easier by explaining how. Expression drips out from your thoughts when you say the word, which counters the opinion that your writing skills are inadequate when it comes to voicing your thoughts.
2) I agree with points (5)-(12).
3) Point (4) explains your occasional hatred for me.
4) You have honoured the book The Life of Pi by fittingly concluding this post with the hallowed word.
5) Great post.
6) Yet, how about writing something that fetches you another 82 comments.

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

never thought i wud concede to this, but dude you are good.
revelation of my identity wud prove to be more flattering than the post deserves...let's save it for a more fascinating one.
cud do wid a shorter caesura though.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Prashant Gautam said...

sorry can't tell you.
i dont think you are the "anonymous" who commented earlier.
that is why our parents named us, to avoid this sort of confusion.
Use a name please, I am tired of anonymous bullshit.

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe
nah,not anonymous bullshit or something.

abhijeet jain here from iit-b,currently in indore.you?

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If its someone close to your heart,let me tell you this ...you might be wrong somewhere.

She might be married.:P

1:51 PM  
Blogger Prashant Gautam said...

no she is not.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Prashant Gautam said...

am from IIT Kanpur currently in IIT kanpur.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Prashant Gautam said...

ok. thanks. doesn't change anything.

3:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah,doesnt change anything for you - only if her husband doesnt end up searching for her on google.:P

Abhijeet

9:59 AM  
Blogger Prashant Gautam said...

you seem obsessed. is it normal or are you trying to catch my attention?

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it funny,the fact that you're so obsessed with a girl from Kolkata.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Prashant Gautam said...

laugh it up then.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why dont put up her picture or something for the whole world to see?
Do you have her pictures by the way?

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you bother to put up someone's name again and again on your blog.
Why do you bother to leave her college,her name etc on your blog?

I am not trying to pester you.

You're pestering me.
Do you have common sense?

7:48 PM  
Blogger Prashant Gautam said...

yeah quite right! Apologies.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Johnny Tent said...

I smell more Sambhar and chutney. Or is it just me burping up Kerala cafe stuff after 2 weeks?

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home