Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Zero Productivity

It is one of those "is it good? No its bad! Well may be its relative" thing...

I have been trying to achieve Zero Productivity now. For the non tech's, it can be explained as - wait no, cant explain.. For if I explain it, it would be enlightening some people and this post thus would be imparting education which is a productive thing to do. So no cant do!

I have loads, and I mean loads, of stuff to do in the summers yet what I do most can be summarized in one word- NOTHING, NAUGHT, ZERO, FUCK ALL(that's actually two words, but then I am non productive).

I like doing this nothing, it is a actually a very nice thing to do. You get a lot of time to think about stuff which you can generally not think about; like
  • "Why do people blog?"
  • "Will I ever fall in love?"
  • "Do the girls talk about dirty bras and smokers?"
  • "If yes, then why the fuck cant I find one such girl?"
  • "Why do the people think that new born babies, right out of the womb, are a beautiful sight rather than a blood stained gory, yuck sight?"
  • "How blogger profile questions are made?"
  • "Is rock-paper-scissors a game of chance or a game of psychology?"
  • "Why does Microsoft Windows suck?"
and many more...

I get answers to them eventually and feel rather enlightened. I mean what good am i going to get if I spend my time doing maths, physics and programming? Is it going to help me take on life challenges? Tomorrow(this is a figure of speech, by tomorrow I do not exactly mean tomorrow), if my son asks me "Dad, where did I come from?", what am I supposed to say? Do I look at the tag at the back of his T-Shirt and tell him that he is from a factory in Gurgaon? In this particular case, of course, Biology can teach me, but I think its more fun if you figure it out yourself.

So from now no productive work, I mean minimal productive work. Only under extreme situations, like the mid semester exams or quizzes or the end semester exams, I will refer to the emergency constitution and then may be produce with the efficiency of 50-60%. That should do I suppose, for if it doesn't, there might be a possibility of a new coalition government run by my parents and professors. It will be more of a fascist regime.

Disclaimer: This has been a totally non productive post and if you have witty arguments like "You produce when you shit/pee", kindly grow up and see the deeper meaning..

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing. The writer is fully resolved to screw his/her life. (Hi, Told you im a religious reader *_*)

2:40 AM  
Blogger Prashant Gautam said...

glad that her Elina-ness decided to drop by!

well what you call screwing up.. i call Nirvana!!!

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its interesting that one finds Nirvana in zero productivity instead of in blossoming hopes and fulfilled dreams.

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blossoming hopes and fulfilled dreams... wow... :| forgive me for being "a-person-who-makes-me-cringe-with-disgust"

10:06 PM  
Blogger Prashant Gautam said...

Its all abstract.. Hope is an illusion and dont tell me that while we dream we are actually producing something.. I can hope and dream and yet be non productive.. Would i be in Nirvana then?

10:52 PM  
Blogger Prashant Gautam said...

and oh you dont make me cringe with disgust :)

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, umm, you know, fulfilling dreams require some work put into them..hence the question of zero productivity is annulled... because putting an effort into something either means making it work.. or destroying it.. former being positively productive.. and the latter being negatively so..

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home