Thursday, June 01, 2006

Comfort People

Have you heard of comfort food?

this is pretty similar, except that you don't eat your comfort people!

the idea is the same. Take the example of chocolates. You will have chocolates when you are depressed, sad, worn out (remember dementors and chocolates from Harry Potter?).
Same way, when you feel that you will never be happy again, you look for comfort people. Of course your mom (in many cases your dad too) qualifies to be a comfort person by default, but then she is not a piece of chocolate which you can carry around in your pocket and have a bite of whenever you want. So you need to find new comfort people around you.

This is where friends come into scene. They are your portable comfort. I mean you can find friends everywhere and there has to be at least one person by the law of probability who can cure your blues.

now there are some personalities which are human chocolates. Allow me to elaborate on the concept:

comfort food varies from person to person. I like to have an ice cream when I am down, but my friend likes to have potato chips in the same condition. I can never imagine munching Lay's Tomato Style while recovering from a serious disaster. So in this case, potato chips are not comfort food for me.
In contrast, there is stuff like chocolate, which can cheer up almost everybody. Irrespective of the nature and the magnitude of the calamity.

so, there exist some people who can be anybodies comfort people. You know, it doesn't matter if you are just an acquaintance to them. You see them and you feel that with them, you can talk about any damned thing that exists in this universe(and many other parallel universes for that matter).

Such people are relatively rare(like expensive Swiss chocolate made with herbs from India) and since everybody wants a piece of them, they become hard to access. So if you happen to be great friends with one of such people, kindly get it into your system to do without them at times because some other person might need him/her more that you do.

I know its difficult thing to do, after all who likes sharing an expensive Swiss chocolate!

Disclaimer:
this is just a whimsical post. Elaboration of a rather obvious concept. This is more sort of a reminder to myself. I mean, I can keep it in my head but then writing it makes it ultimate. Sort of. Whatever!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you were talking about you know who and his you know who.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Saby said...

@ Disclaimer

well, sometimes we do need to be reminded of the obvious things, cuz we tend to forget them most easily...good thoughts dude, keep it up..

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home